Save energy. Save money. Conway Corp’s Energy Smart program gives you the tools to improve energy efficiency and lower monthly bills for your home or business.
Conway Corporation’s New Home Program is an energy-efficiency program designed to recognize builders and homes that implement efficiency construction and equipment measures. Builders must adhere to stringent construction and equipment guidelines to be recognized as an Energy Smart Builder. Following these guidelines has been proven by the U.S. Department of Energy to be 20-30 percent more efficient than standard built home. Guidelines are based on the DOE Energy Star recommendations.
Energy Smart Home Features
- Effective Insulation – Properly installed and inspected insulation in floors, walls and attics to ensure even temperatures throughout the house while reducing energy use and increasing comfort
- High-Performance/Low-E Windows – Energy-efficient windows employ advanced technologies such as protective coatings and improved frames to help keep heat in during winter and out during summer while blocking ultraviolet sunlight that can discolor carpet and furnishings
- Tightly Sealed Construction & Ducts – Sealing holes and cracks in the home’s envelope and in the heating and cooling duct systems helps reduce drafts, moisture, dust, pollen and noise; a tightly sealed home also improves comfort and indoor air quality while reducing utility and maintenance
- High-Efficiency Heating & Cooling Equipment – In addition to using less energy to operate, energy-efficient heating and cooling systems can be quieter, reduce indoor humidity and improve the overall comfort of the home
- High-Efficiency Lighting & Appliances – Energy Smart homes may also be equipped with Energy Star-qualified products (like light fixtures, compact fluorescent bulbs and ventilation fans) and appliances (like refrigerators, dishwashers and washing machines)
- Low-Flow Water Products – Products such as low-flow shower heads and toilets can reduce utility costs and conserve water
Energy Smart Builders
The following is a list of builders recognized as Energy Smart by Conway Corp:
|Brock Custom Homes
|Enchanting Custom Homes
|Bret Franks Construction
|Greek Miller Construction
|Hambuchen Custom Homes
|Hill Custom Homes
|Drew Hester Construction
|Jacob Longing Construction
|Thornton Home Builders
|J & J Custom Construction
|Keller Johnson Builders
|Kordsmeier Home Builders
|Greg Lock Construction
|McConnell Custom Homes
|Luke Porter, Inc.
|Priester Custom Homes
|Scott Lucas Construction
|Tom Watson Construction
Zero Interest Loans
Conway Corp offers zero percent interest loans to customers for energy-efficiency home improvements like replacing old appliances and installing attic insulation. The loan program, funded by the city of Conway through the American Recovery Act of 2009, is available only to Conway Corp customers.
Loans are available between $500 and $3,500 and are repayable by automatic bank draft. Although there are no income restrictions, a credit report will be executed on the behalf of the applicant to determine eligibility.
Applicants will need a free home energy audit performed by Conway Corp to be eligible for the loan program. To schedule your energy audit or to apply for an Energy Smart loan call 501-450-6000 or email us.
Conway Corp offers free energy audits to residential and small business customers interested in identifying how much energy their homes and offices consume and what measures may be taken to make them more energy efficient. During the audit process, a Conway Corp certified energy professional will perform a walk-through inspection of the home or business using a variety of techniques and equipment to determine its energy-efficiency level.
The inspection will help you understand the efficiency level of your heating and cooling systems, look at how windows and doors seal, inspect insulation levels, show ways to conserve electricity and help identify leaks in the home or business.
When the audit is complete, your energy professional will provide you with an audit report. This analysis will show problems that may, when corrected, save significant amounts of money over time. To qualify for a free, walk-through energy audit, you must be a Conway Corp electric customer and single-family homeowner or small business owner. Renters must have written permission of the property owner to participate.
To request your free energy audit, call 501-450-6000 or click here to email us.